Forbes-listed Kris Taenar Wiluan is one of Indonesia’s richest individuals with a $240m (£162m) fortune and a multi-awarded entrepreneur. No wonder he is one Spiking’s prime picks for today.
Eastern Tiger’s Richest
Mr Wiluan completed his B.Sc. Honours Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science at London University in 1971. He then pursued his Post Graduate studies in Business Management at London Business School and Harvard Business School.
And since then, he has been steadily establishing a name for himself in the Oil & Gas industry.
He is truly not your ordinary business executive as he is a blue whale investor. Aside from being the Founder & President of Citramas Group and the Owner of Pacific One Energy Limited, he also holds the following roles:
- Executive Chairman & Chief Executive Officer at KS Energy Ltd (since May 2016)
- Executive Chairman & Chief Executive Officer at Aqua-Terra Supply Co. Ltd (since 2006)
- Executive Chairman & Chief Executive Officer at SSH Corp Ltd (since 2006)
- President Commissioner at PT Citra Agramasinti Nusantara
- President Director at PT Citra Tubindo Tbk
- President at Citramas Group, Chairman at PT Citra Bonang
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer at KS Distribution Pte Ltd
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer at KS Drilling Pte Ltd
- Chairman-Governors Board at Del Foundation
- President at ASEAN Taekwondo Federation
- President Commissioner at PT Citra Sarana Baja
- President Commissioner at PT Hymindo Petromas Utama
- President Director at PT Citra Byard
- President Director at PT Citra Tubindo Engineering
- President Director at PT Dwi Sumber Arca Waja
- President-Riau Porlasi at Persatuan Olahraga Layar Seluruh Indonesia
In 2007, he was named “CEO of the Year” by Bisnis Indonesia. A year after, SWA magazine recognized him as “The Best CEO 2008”. And in 2009, Ernst & Young Indonesia awarded him as the “Entrepreneur of the Year”. Mr. Wiluan is an EY Global Entrepreneur Hall of Famer.
In an interview, Mr Wiluan attributes some of his success to “lucky breaks” and his uncanny ability to build and strong relationships with his business partners.
He is one of those rare individuals who doesn’t take a step back when it comes to taking risks. For him, risks are opportunities. The higher the risk, the higher the reward.
Mr Wiluan sees a tremendous opportunity in expanding his businesses in Europe especially in the Information Technology and power sectors, particularly in renewable and wave energy.
Mr Wiluan in Action
Mr Wiluan is a prominent investor of KS Energy Limited. In September 2016, he bought 103, 000 deemed shares of the stock at SGD 0.119. He increased his stake by buying 54, 000 deemed shares of KS Energy Limited at SGD 0.12. His portfolio is currently worth SGD 24.66 million. Follow Mr Wiluan’s latest trading activities at https://spiking.com/v/kristaenarwil and track KS Energy Limited’s performance at https://spiking.com/sgx/578-ks-energy-limited.