Stock Code: C09 / Stock Price: 8.140
Singapore’s second-largest property developer and stock market star performer, City Developments Limited (CDL) was one of last week’s top gainers on the SGX. As “Singapore’s Property Pioneers since 1963”, CDL has built more than 36,000 residences. The company is one of the city-state’s biggest commercial property owners, and has one of the largest landbanks of any private Singaporean developer.
City Developments Limited is an international real estate company, having established itself in 94 locations in 26 countries. Its diverse portfolio, which covers a total of more than 18 million square feet across the globe, includes
- mixed-use developments
- serviced apartments
CDL operates in five main overseas markets:
The company’s subsidiary, Millenium & Copthorne Hotels, is listed on the London Stock Exchange and has 126 hotels all over the world. On top of real estate, CDL also engages in investment and management, and provides consultancy, information technology and procurement services.
CDL has received several awards for its premier development projects as well as for its commitment to corporate social responsibility and environmental protection. These include
- being named the Top Real Estate Company and one of the Top 10 Corporations, Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, 2016
- being listed in The Sustainability Yearbook, 2016
- the Quality Excellence Award, Quality Champion (Platinum), Building and Construction Authority
- the Singapore Environmental Achievement Award, Singapore Environment Council
Among CDL’s award-winning development projects are
- 7&9 Tampines Grande, 11 Tampines Concourse
- the Exchange Tower, Bangkok
- H20 Residences
- The Palette
- The Rainforest
- 368 Thomson
- Buckely Classique
- Nouvel 18
- South Beach
- Jewel @ Buangkok
- Gramercy Park
Bloomberg reports a 7.32% YTD return for CDL, with a one-year return of -15.52%.
CDL has a dividend-indicated gross yield of 0.99%, with earnings per share of SGD0.817.
- CDL continues to have confidence in the long-term fundamentals of the UK economy, with its projects being insulated from any potential impact of the UK’s impending exit from the EU.
- CDL was the best-performing Straits Times Index (STI) stock month-to-date in June.
- In May, CDL said it may seek to buy offices this year as rising interest rates makes such assets cheaper worldwide.
Use the Spiking app to discover who among more than 8,000 sophisticated Singaporean investors are buying and selling City Development Limited shares! To find out how you can stay on top of every stock spiking on the SGX mainboard in real time, visit the Spiking app homepage now!
Photo credit: Kuah Chee Siong / http://www.straitstimes.com/business/city-developments-q2-net-profit-rises-48-declares-special-interim-dividend